Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention & Control Policy
All of us have been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic one way or another.
Our priority is to keep you and our therapists as safe as possible, so we have implemented a number of changes we would like to make you aware of. We have completed a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course which is accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd, the UK trade body for our industry. We have also completed two Barbicide Hygiene courses which have given us extra guidance and knowledge on hygiene and sterilization with Covid-19. We have made a number of changes in the way that we operate that you will notice when you visit.
- If any of our therapists feel ill or have symptoms of C0VlD-19, they will self-isolate immediately and will not come into the salon. This may mean that we have to cancel your appointment at short notice. We appreciate that this may be inconvenient but it is done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled, you will be able to re-book again.
- If you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 – please advise us as soon as possible and DO NOT COME TO THE SALON FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT.
Visiting the Salon
- For your safety and to maintain social distancing, we ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible. Please do not turn up early for appointments as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients who are just leaving.
- We will be using our intercom system at all times to avoid coming into contact with other clients. Upon arrival press the intercom and a therapist will let you into the salon as soon as possible.
- When entering the salon please scan the NHS COVID-19 QR code if you have this app on your phone. Alternatively we would appreciate it if you could complete our Test & Trace form before your treatment.
All clients must attend their appointment alone. (Unless under 16 or needs a carer.)
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in the salon including making sure that common surfaces, toilets, door handles etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
- All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions for your safety.
- Wherever possible we will utilise environmentally friendly, single use items during a treatment that will be disposed of safely after use in order to protect you from cross infection.
- You will have access to hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the salon but we will also have access to wash your hands in the treatment rooms or bathroom whilst in salon.
- All clients must wear a face mask whilst in the salon. We do have face masks available for clients if needed. If having a facial treatment your therapist will advise you when it is safe to remove your mask.
- Our therapists will be using personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and during your treatment. This will include a grade 2 face mask & face shield.
- We can confirm that the laundering of salon towels and uniforms is a priority, we can assure you that all salon laundry is washed at 60 degrees C.
- All disposable items are bagged and safely removed from the treatment area every day.
- We will make sure there is adequate ventilation within the salon. Windows will be either open or on vent to allow the natural flow of air through the salon.
- We have carried out a risk assessment on all treatments and we are confident that we can continue to provide these safely.
During your treatment
- Our therapists understand the importance of hand hygiene and we will ensure that we wash our hands in according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment.
- We will try to make your treatment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatment please let us know and we will do what we can to satisfy you.
- All reading material has been removed from the salon to prevent cross infection.
- Tea, coffee and water will be supplied in disposable cups, or please feel free to bring your own drinks if you wish.
After the treatment
- In order to avoid handling of cash, we would prefer if you could pay for your treatment by card. We will still be taking cash but card is preferable.
Thank you for your understanding.
Date: Updated 17/03/2021